Sunday, March 21, 2010

not a romance for the road

Photobucket
After 6 years of trying, I finally got to see Dar Williams. I went with Jenny to see her at the Strand in York a week or two ago. The songs I remember from her set list:

1. Are You Out There?: I used to have this song on a mix tape and I was used to hearing an RX Bandits song afterwards. This was one I have probably heard a thousand times, so I might have cried.
2. Calling the Moon: She played this early on and it gave me a good feeling for the rest of the set. This song reminds me of a weekend in Maine and it was great & pretty.
3. After All: Weird people sitting near us aggressively requested this, so she played it.
4. Road Buddy: The guy next to me requested it and that made me like it. This song reminds me of driving in New England with Gigl when she was a baby.
5. Fly Away: About becoming a parent. So pretty and sad and LONG. Jenny said it would be a pretty song for a baptism.
6. Mercy of the Fallen
7. The Babysitter's Here
8. Spring Street: I forgot how much I loved this song.
9. Beauty of the Rain
10. You're Aging Well: This is one of my all time and initial favorites, and I was excited for Jenny to hear it because it seems her flavor.
11. If I Wrote You: I cried.
12. What Do You Hear in These Sounds?: A song about therapy that isn't depressing or weird is a pretty baller feat

No comments: