
I was skeptical of this book because the word heart is in the title. I just read a JP about a motherless daughter, so that element didn't wow me either. But, overall, I loved the book. It reminded me of Lost Season 1 with the flashbacks and character unpeeling. I loved the main character and kept picturing her as Ellen Page.
A

Knowing a JP book is going to be about religion is like knowing an episode of Lost is going to be about Ben: cream of the crop hour is coming. The Gnostic Christianity element was awesome. This book incorporated a few of JP's trademarks that I have come to love: a New England setting, a legal drama, a story told from a variety of narrative viewpoints, and incorporating characters from her other books. Some of the chapters were too short, though, and I didn't resonate as well with these characters are with ones in her other books.
B
No comments:
Post a Comment