Friday, July 26, 2013

I'm back?

Once upon a 2008, I lived in New York City & started this here little blog called Always a Mermaid....
the title played on the idea that I had frequently found myself as a bridesmaid (no complaints!) 
& a random affinity I have for merpeople (no discrimination, either). 
This blog faded away in 2011, after my internship at Lookingglass ended 
& I found myself needing a theatrical outlet; 
thus born my was sister blog A.R.T. & Theatre:  
[Chicago-based theatre commentary & criticism]. 
While I still love that blog and intend to keep it going forever & always, 
an exciting trend has erupted since I peaced out on Always a Mermaid
This trend is called The Lifestyle Blog
which I define as a largely female-populated avenue to share one's life, 
art, accomplishments, children, hobbies, WHATEVER. 
This trend was not around when I first started the soap box that is/was Always a Mermaid,
but I really wish it had been. 
This here little blog existed to me as an alternate to the other social outlets... 
when MySpace ceased, FB annoyed, Twitter was a baby, & Pintrest was but a dream.
This post might only be the result of a boring Friday night, but who knows. 
I get bored, like to talk about cool stuff, & am clearly a fan of the interweb/blogosphere. 
So, WHATEVER & hello. 

No comments: