Tuesday, January 13, 2009

days of my life

I woke up tired today. Yesterday I came back to York from Wilmington. The night before, I got to see Rachael, went to a quiet open mic, and ate too much at Golden Castle.

Yesterday was Poppop's funeral. I knew it would be hard, but it was harder than I expected with all the awkward dynamics, conversations & questions about my dad's health, and just the fact that it's impossible to anticipate my reaction going into a funeral. He served in the Navy, so the actual burial was really beautiful because played Taps on the bugle & did the 21 shots. I don't mean to be morbid, but they inscribe the top of veterans' caskets & it's actually very pretty:
Photobucket

close-up:
Photobucket

Tonight, I went to my first rehearsal for Anne. It seemed well run. We played a learn each other names games, and of course I was the only one to get answers wrong. I like the theatre space itself, it reminds me of somewhere but I can't remember where yet. People in York are so nice it can throw me off sometimes.

No comments: