Thursday, January 1, 2009
mrs. flowers
To me, the Killers are to music what Lost is to television. And the thing I love about them is that their cds always come out with themes/songs/specific lyrics that are always so specifically applicable to my life. Hot Fuss was the summer of 2004, when I was about to move to Massachusetts & was coming out of my cage and I was doing just fine. Then Sam's Town came out as I was leaving New Hampshire to move back to Wilmington, which pretty much must be the city that inspired the song. And sometimes, I closed my eyes and saw the place where I used to live when I was young. Continue to Sawdust, a very Romeo & Juliet era of my life. And finally, we have the Killers' newest, Light & Day. I don't like the cd title because it sounds too Polyphonic Spree song, but I definitely have needed consolation in my darkest hour with all this impending doom going around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment