Thursday, November 19, 2009

project runway

My thoughts on why this was the worst season ever:

1. NYC > LA. obv
2. When the top 3 are completely predictable, and the winner is the expected, it kinda takes the wind out of the show's sails.
3. When Michael Kors and Nina Garcia have people fill in for most of their judging slots, you have to think they don't care too much.
4. Irina was sassy and felt too entitled to win, so I do not feel happy for her, even though her dad crying made me cry.
5. I loved Carol-Hannah and she should have won. Also, she should be my friend.
6. All of the challenges were remedial...compare the Bravo seasons of making post office uniforms, using flowers to make garments,etc. to this season. Bravo had challenges that were challenging whereas Lifetime's weren't that difficult and seemed more recreational. The most difficult was the maternity challenge, and all that was was making an awesome outfit for a super-skinny model with a crazy, pre-measured belly. I guess Lifetime wanted all of the challenges to just result in pretty outfits that would please the viewer's eye & retain a skeptical audience. I guess they didn't take into account their viewers who had brains and understand the definition of the word challenge.

The next season starts in mid-January (so much for the suspense factor) and will be in New York, so at least there is that.

No comments: