Tuesday, January 5, 2010

the other other sister

First off, I liked it more than I thought I would. It looked like a straight-up Lifetime movie, but it did seem like one that could hold it's own in the theatre too. I initially thought Joan Cusack would be playing the mother. It was a good & different interpretation of the book to have her playing the judge, but she would have been better than Cameron Diaz as the mother. She wasn't bad in the part, but something about it just never rang well with me. The girls were well-cast. Both the brother and the dad had their storylines sliced out, so they were forgettable. My main issue was the complete changing of the ending. I just don't see the point of basing a movie off of a book unless you try to hold true to the actual storyline.
C+

No comments: