Saturday, June 19, 2010

roof wars

Holly Oak: Wilmington, DE
Holly Oak will always be my favorite roof because the millions of perfect hours spent there would be really hard to outshine.
Photobucket

Washington House: Newark, DE
The fact that my mom's condo in Newark had such a nice roofdeck (or 4) was a really nice surprise.

Photobucket
Nice tomato plants.

Photobucket
The second mermaid chair I have encountered.

The Markle Residence: New York City
My roof in New York was one that I heavily occupied. One of my favorite things about that roof was that I never had to share it with anyone. It was usually just me, my bag of crap, and a phone. I made so many phone calls to so many people...my sick dad, phone interviews, my oldest & newest friends. The best thing was the view. To describe the greatness of that view would be like trying to take a picture of lightning. That roof had three stories that you had to climb terrifying ladders to scale, but that was a baby price for getting to hold on to that view for a minute.
Photobucket
Oh hello, so very sub-par cell phone pic.

West Sheridan: Chicago
This Chicago roof has a lot of other people on it all the time, which is not awesome. But it does have a great view, in a completely different way than New York. To the left, you can see the Lake & to the right, you can see the Cubs stadium.

Photobucket
First impression.

Photobucket
Right-on baseball face.

Photobucket
Pretty sun.

No comments: