Wednesday, July 7, 2010

mellow yellow

I sold this bike:
Photobucket
It was the first big-purchase I ever made, seeing as I spent the entirety of my sixth-grade graduation money on this bike. It was a huge disappointment though, because the bike I ordered was Army Green and this one was Fire Engine Red. I was too excited to wait for the right one to be shipped in, so I said ok to red. That was a decision I regretted for the next decade or so. It was a good bike for Delaware, the Valley, etc., and the places I used to ride with my dad while he ran.

During the period in York where I was bored/crafty and bored/painted-everything-yellow, I made over this bike:
(I forgot to take a before picture)
Photobucket

My family vacationed most summers at Ocean City, NJ, and those vacations always included early-morning bike-rides on the boardwalk. One year, my mom really fell in love with the boardwalk biking and my dad bought her this bike so she could ride all year long. She didn't really ride that much, so let me make it over from blue to banana while in York. It is a better bike for city-riding than my old mountain bike. I broke it in yesterday riding to Staples, and today riding to T-Mobile/all along the Lake.

The other bike will always have better memories,
but this one is so much prettier.
Biking in Chicago is a new kind of stressful,
but someone always hammered into my head to look both ways.

Photobucket

No comments: